- SS White carbide cutting heads are made with high quality fine-grain tungsten carbide, which produces a blade that is sharper and wears longer compared to less expensive coarse grain tungsten carbide.
- Blades made of fine grain tungsten carbide, retain shape even as they wear.
- Less expensive, large particle tungsten carbide dulls quickly as the large particles break from the blade or cutting edge.
- Many carbide manufacturers use inexpensive tool steel for the carbide bur shank material.
- For shank construction, SS White uses surgical grade stainless steel, which resists corrosion during sterilization processes used in the dental office.
POWERFUL CUTTING PERFORMANCE
- Carefully designed blade structure, rake angle, flute depth and spiral angulation combined with our specially formulated tungsten carbide results in the powerful cutting performance of our burs.
- SS White burs are engineered to deliver the most efficient cutting rate & performance for the most popular procedures.
MAXIMUM STRENGTH & DURABILITY
- Proper selection of tungsten carbide and high quality steel combined with a specialized heat treatment process and controlled welding operation creates the optimum conditions required to attain the impressive strength and durability of an SS White bur.